From the ashes of Oration, we give you Ascension.
Oration and Studio Emissary are proud to present Ascension MMXIX, our
rebirth into the festival arena. Very much so the spiritual successor
to Oration, the Ascension festival aims to offer an eclectic and
esoteric experience, with a strong emphasis on Icelandic and
international Black metal.
The festival will take place at Hlégarður in Mosfellbær, June 13 - 15
(Thursday - Saturday). We're delighted to have secured this venue, as
it provides the perfect setting for our mid-summer celebration.
Located just outside the city limits, the venue and adjacent campsite
area are within close range of all needed services and amenities,
while providing a serene natural setting surrounded by mountains and
the desolate, unearthly landscapes Iceland has come to be known for.
Mosfellsbær, the town where the venue is located, is a suburb of the
greater Reykjavík area and is approximately a 20 minute drive from
Reykjavík city-centre, or a 35 minute bus-ride via public transport.
The option of taking a shuttle bus will also be available, along with
the optional use of a camping site located 5 minutes walk from the
In stark contrast to Oration, Ascension is a mid-summer event, giving
you a chance to witness first hand the arctic phenomena of the
Midnight Sun. Join us in this jubilant celebration of Ascension.
Above Aurora (PL/IS)
Akhlys (US) (Combined set with Aoratos)
Aoratos (US) (Combined set with Akhlys)
Carpe Noctem (IS)
Common Eider, King Eider (US)
Drab Majesty (US)
Kælan Mikla (IS)
King Dude (US) (Solo set)
The Order of Apollyon (FR)
Rebirth of Nefast (IRL/IS)
Treha Sektori (FR)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Tickets are 14,900 Kr (Approximately €110 / $125).
- There are no day passes, only festival passes.
- There is both an English and Icelandic version of the website. The
Icelandic version requires you have an Icelandic social security
- A maximum of 5 tickets can be purchased per person.
- The age restriction is 20 and over.
- There is a camping site approximately 5 minutes walk from the venue.
It accommodates 50 tents and costs 1,200kr (€9/$10) per night/per
- Contact 'email@example.com' to book your space.
- Please bear in mind that we do not run this camping area ourselves.
It is run by the town of Mosfellsbaer, so please contact them directly
at the aforementioned email address if you have additional questions.
- It is possible to book a place on a shuttle bus for all days of the festival.
- Busses will depart from BSÍ in Reykjavík and will be in operation
only before the festival and after the festival (i.e. they will not
run throughout the day). A more exact schedule will be announced in
- Tickets will cost 5,500kr (€40/$45). This will cover the journey
both to and from BSÍ and Hlégarður for all days of the festival.
- Tickets MUST be secured by pre-order. It will not be possible to
purchase a ticket at the festival or on the bus itself.